PORT ELGIN – Sunday, the 4th of August 2019, Topp Performance, Port Elgin, hosted the second Rotating Tri-Club Open Mat.
More than twenty Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu practitioners from Bowler’s BJJ (Flesherton), Topp Performance (Port Elgin) and Kilian Academy (Owen Sound) trained together during the second Rotating Tri-Club Open Mat.
With the resounding success of the first training session, Barton’s Martial Arts from Collingwood joined as the fourth club in the BJJ Block.
Abrie Kilian, owner and head coach at Kilian Academy stated that: “We are happy to see Patrick Barton and his crew at Barton’s Martial Arts join The Block and strengthen all our Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu experience. As a result of the first Rotating Tri-Club Open Mat, practitioners have become more familiar with each other. The familiarity has developed into friendships blurring the lines of rivalry amongst the clubs involved.”
A Century of Experience
Together the four head coaches contribute roughly a century of martial arts experience. Jessie Topp added, “If anyone from the Grey-Bruce Region wanted to start training BJJ, that time is now. We have four quality experienced coaches and clubs in the region for the public to choose from. We work together to see BJJ grow and add quality of life to the Grey-Bruce region.”
“The Tri-Club Open Mat training session is a team effort, and if you are not part of it, you are missing out,” Kilian added.
Next Tri-Club Open Mat
Kilian Academy will host the next Quad-Club Open Mat training session on the 1st of September 2019 at 12:00. All martial artist enthusiasts are welcome to attend.
Rotating Tri-Club Open Mat will be known as the Rotating Quad-Club Open Mat.
- Cowan, G. The Sun-Times (Owen Sound) (2019, August 06). Brazilian jiu-jitsu clubs come together. Retrieved August 6, 2019, from https://www.owensoundsuntimes.com/sports/local-sports/brazilian-jiu-jitsu-clubs-come-together
- Cowan, G. The Sudbury Star (Sudbury) (2019, August 06). Brazilian jiu-jitsu clubs come together. Retrieved August 7, 2019, from https://www.thesudburystar.com/sports/local-sports/bjj-clubs-team-up-to-train/wcm/80b7e533-f2f6-4888-a22d-ee2335a73e5a
- Cowan, G. Canada Live Feed (2019, August 06). Brazilian jiu-jitsu clubs come together. Retrieved August 7, 2019, from https://canadalivefeed.news/2019/08/06/brazilian-jiu-jitsu-clubs-come-together/
- Cowan, G. The Whitecourt Star (2019, August 06). Brazilian jiu-jitsu clubs come together. Retrieved August 11, 2019, from https://www.whitecourtstar.com/sports/local-sports/brazilian-jiu-jitsu-clubs-come-together/wcm/d631daf0-84ac-4b07-a053-c74848c6947b
- Cowan, G. North Bay Nugget (2019, August 06). Brazilian jiu-jitsu clubs come together. Retrieved August 21, 2019, from https://www.nugget.ca/sports/local-sports/brazilian-jiu-jitsu-clubs-come-together/wcm/d631daf0-84ac-4b07-a053-c74848c6947b
- Sandy Lindsay. (2019, August 05). Saugeen Times (Southampton) Retrieved August 6, 2019, from https://saugeentimes.com/brazilian-jiu-jitsu-growing-in-popularity/